6/2/11

yea, I know.....

I am a poor blogger lately.

I have lots of pictures of stuff that I wanna share on here, I just never have the time anymore. The boys have become little computer hogs.
- I even have a cute video of Grayson and Thomas sitting in the computer chair fighting
- I love when Grayson says "mine turn". It's amazing to me that my little 2 1/2 year old is so good at mouse clicking and getting the computer to do just what he wants it to.
- I am grateful for great sites like Disney Junior, PBS kids, and sesame workshop, for all the fun and educational games that the boys just can't get enough of.

so if it wasn't 11pm already I would blog about our trip to see the Thomas the Tank Engine -- but you will just have to wait another day or 2 or 10.

Next week starting on Monday I will be participating in a challenge that the stake gave the young women. For the week before camp they want us to do NO Texting, No computer socializing, and No TV. And have asked us to focus on listening to only church music, reading our scriptures, and looking for oppertunities to do service. When Tyson heard of the challenge, he at first thought I wouldn't do it. But once I told him I WAS going to do it, he knew I meant it.
anyone else think they could do it for a week?
he said he might try to join in to support me, but I challenged him with not playing one of his online games, since it's technically sociallizing, and he wasn't sure about that.... so stay tuned to find out how it went.

1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

I purposely do that sometimes, but it is because I sit at a computer all day and am on the phone all day. The last thing you want to do in that situation is go home and spend all night on the computer.

It is a great challenge because if/when they go on missions they have to learn to do without those things. Missionaries are being sent home for breaking the rules and getting or sneaking cell phones while on their missions.

It is so important to just learn to "BE", enjoy quiet time, read, contemplate, and focus on the people that are right in front of you. It is a lost art these days.