10/5/11

my to-do list:

I have been spending a lot of time on Pinterest. for anyone that doesn't know what it is, the easy explainations is that it's a great place to find and collect fun ideas from the internet. so it's a bit addicting for me. And one reason I've been spending so much time, is because I am bored. I have lots that I could be doing, like updating my blog (hanging my head in shame LOL)... but I don't seem to have much motivation lately.
ANYWAY - on Pinterest someone pinned (shared) this idea of decluttering one space each day in a creative way. They called theirs 40 bags in 40 days - I guess since my house is relatively small and not too cluttered, I only came up with 20. So in 20 days I should be feeling much more clean and organized around here.

I decided that I would actually LIKE to do this - so here we go.

Here is my list:
1. junk drawer in the kitchen
2. utensil drawer (all the measuring cups and spoons, and random other things).
3. computer desk drawers
4. magazine basket (living room)
5. coat closet
6. Grayson's closet (it's bad, all the clothes he's outgrown are still in there)
7. Thomas's closet (its not bad)
8. boys bathroom
9. laundry room cupboard (cleaners)
10. my bathroom
11. my closet (clothes)
12. my closet (stuff)
13. under my bed storage
14. garage (just the stuff on the floor that needs to be out of the way)
15. pantry
16. toy room (toys)
17. toy room (books)
18. toy room (blanket pile)
19. my scrapbook desk
20. the "Hub" (thats the catchall spot in my kitchen)

so I guess half my goal will to spend less time on pinterest LOL - so I can get stuff done around here.

2 comments:

Tam said...

That's a good idea!
What happens if you mess it up after you've done it? LOL

The Suzzzz said...

When you mentioned pinterest I remembered this list that my cousin's daughter made...

http://pinterest.com/affair_w_color/kid-stuff/

Check out the crayon art that she pinned. This is her final project...

http://affairwithcolor.com/my-rainbow-project/

Thought that might be something you could do with your boys.

My mom would get out the electric griddle when we were in elementary school. She would cover it in tin foil and then get the crayons out and peel off the paper on a couple and let us draw (closely supervised) on the tin foil. The wax would melt and then she would take a piece of paper and lay it on the melted wax and pick it up with tongs and clip it to a line to let it dry. Those were what we used for Thanksgiving cards to put with the candy she made for us to take to our teachers, church leaders, neighbors and friends.

It was a lot of fun and kept us busy.