12/13/07

Thomas and his Blanket

I was doing the Laundry and decided Thomas's beloved Blanket needed a wash.

Thomas loves to help me put the laundry into the washer. He grabs one peice at a time, and I pick him up to the washer and he throws it in. It takes longer to do laundry this way, but I love that he wants to help. At the very end, I snuck his blanket in. I didn't think he would miss it, since it would be done before nap time, but I was very wrong. He was devistated when I had to tell him that I had put it in the washer.



I had to actually hold him up to the washer, stop it, and swish around in the water to find the blanket to show him that it was OK. He tried to grab it, only to discover it was wet, and I think that shocked him even more, because his eyes got really big.
That was the longest wash cycle I have ever endured, LOL. As soon as it was done, I showed him I was putting it in the dryer, and I only put a few other things in with it, instead of the whole load, so it would dry faster.
So here he is after, with his beloved blanket. I told him it was "all clean" and he held it tightly and repeated "all clean" for days after.



I had to do another load of laundry, so I asked him if he wanted to help me again. This time, he grabbed his blanket protectivly and ran away.
So I guess I won't be getting anymore laundry help, from my little helper for a while.

1 comment:

Erica Johnston said...

I feel your pain. Ryan had a lion and Gavin had a bear. They took them everywhere and at night, we'd have to take a flashlight to the backyard if they weren't found- UGH! The things we do for our little boys. You all look great!