8/11/08

this weekend

We drove up to Idaho for my cousin Jessica's wedding reception! It was beautiful.

I really wanted to go, because I haven't seen my Nead cousins in a very long time.
The last time I saw Jessica was for a short while when she stopped in Newton with Nancy and Reed and Will. (I think it was last year).
The last time I saw Spencer was when Max (their oldest) was being blessed.(about 6 years ago, I think)
The last time I saw Kelly was at his wedding reception. (I have no idea how many years ago that was - like 8 or something)
And the last time I saw Nichole was when she and Ned came to Newton and taught us how to play Farkle. (again, that was like 12 years ago.)
So it was nice to make an appearance and say "HI, how are you." I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone, because I was trying to keep my eye on Thomas too much. But I LOVED seeing their kids. I could easily tell who's kids were who's. Spencer's kids look just like him, and Kelly's kids looked just like him.

I knew that Spencer and Kelly were tall, but I forgot just how tall until I was standing right next to Kelly, and he pointed down at my head, as he was telling his wife (who is also quite tall) how I was related to him. I felt very small, so I ended up saying something dumb about how I was pretty sure I am older than Kelly even though he towers over me or something like that.

I wish I had pictures, but I forgot to take my camera (pregnancy makes me sooooo forgetful).

1 comment:

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, we didn't get the invite, but I'm glad you guys had a good time!