9/16/10

Can you spot the bird in this picture???


You can click on the photos to make them bigger too.....

























///
//
//
///
/
/
/
/
/
how about in this one???



























///
///
//
//
//
/
/
/
/
how about in this one???





///
/
/
/
/
/

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

/
/
/
/
here is what she looks like.....

I am not sure if she is sitting on eggs, or just in the tiny bit of shade that dinky tree provides.  But she didn't move a muscle - just squinted her eyes at me when I asked her if she was dead.  Today is the first day I have seen her there.  I will be interested to see if she is still there tomorrow.


Can anyone tell me what kind of bird it is????

///
//
/
I am guessing a Prairie Falcon??????
http://www.birdphotography.com/
///

2 comments:

Mindy :) said...

oh, looks like Shelly guessed it right --- it's a common nighthawk
http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4HPIA_enUS304US304&q=common+nighthawk&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=-tOSTPi7D8OUnAe5nr20CA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCwQsAQwAA

The Suzzzz said...

You should put up a couple bird feeders. I did and have been getting all kinds of finches, larks, blackbirds, woodpeckers, grosbeaks, sparrows, swallows, etc.

I have a bird guide that I "borrowed" from my parents that is over half a century old, but it is still fairly accurate. It is kind of fun in a nerdy way to figure out what they all are and try to get photos before they fly away.