9/5/10

Party Time

Scooby-Doo/UP Party




Thomas's party went well last night - except for when he got in trouble for trying to make mud again --- now I just face the daunting task of cleaning it all up.  It is a good thing I got the sprinklers shut off, or everything that got left outside would have been soggy this morning.  We pulled most of it in, but I thought I would go back out after everyone left to finish cleaning it up... but I was totally wiped out by then.

We started with the bird house painting! Painting is always fun!  Even Grayson was loving it.









Then we grilled up burgers and hotdogs.  They were so good, that is what I plan to have for lunch today too.


Then we did some Pinate action. They came RUNNING :)



I was totally unsure about this pinate's construction, I had never tried to make one shaped like a house before.  But it turned out to be just strong enough for it to be a blast!  



Next time we will use a shorter stick, I think the kids were having a tough time swinging this one.




Halden delivered the final blow to crack it open!



As dusk arrived we had to go inside to avoid getting eaten by the Corinne mutant mosquitos.  Thomas was a pro at opening gifts this year.  I just laughed as he went back and forth between wanting to linger on one gift, to simply tossing aside the gifts as quickly as he could get the paper off of them.  The new school shoes my mom got him were the best, he pulled open the box, yelled "SHOES" in excitement and then pulled out the shoes and tossed them over his shoulder and moved on to the next thing.

I just have to say Thanks to everyone for the fun stuff.  I love when other people pick stuff out for him, it makes him test out new things that he wouldn't have concidered before. (Grayson it loving the new stuff too)   And Thomas is excited about the new school clothes (ya'll picked good)!
All in all, a wonderful fun day.  I am so worn out from it all though, I might just go easy for his birthday next year....... (maybe)........

No comments: