9/16/10

weeding

I like weeding - it's therapeutic.  I especially like doing it on nice cool days, with a bit of a breeze.
Today was one of those days.  I have been weeding for hours :)
I have been telling some people today that I am weeding my GRASS - and they have been suggesting that I should probably just do weed and feed on it, instead of working so hard. 
Yeah, I could do that, but it will take FOREVER to get rid of all those weeds in our yard.
Or I could just get out the weed wacker - but that wouldn't actually get RID of them - it would just spread their dang little seeds everywhere, so they could grow more of them.



Actually, I am only doing this in the front yard, I want it to look pretty :)   
(the back yard would be impossible - it's pretty much ALL weeds still - we'll work on it more next year)

And we did do weed and feed.  It is doing a good job!  The grass is getting stronger, and the weeds are sorta dying.  I can tell some of the types are dead - I can tell when I try to pull them out and the root is completely rotting!! YEAH! 
But others of them, well, the leaves on top have died, but when I pull the roots out - they are still holding on.

My favorite thing is when you pull, and ALL the root comes out.  Not just a part that has broken off, but the whole thing.  And it is even better when that root is as long as your arm!!!!  Makes me feel so buff!

In the back yard I did have to pull up some weeds to get them out of the way of the garden area.  We had to laugh at some of those weeds, because the dirt in the back is so strong/impenetrable, that instead of going down deep - they just decided to go sideways.  Though they were close to the surface, they were still tough to pull out.



So here is a peek at what I have been up to - I know ya probably don't really care, but it's my blog, I can do whatever I want LOL.


I like to think of the weeds as little monsters or dragons.  Look at this one right here at the bottom of this picture --- it totally looks like a dragon head, breathing fire.

I am the DRAGON SLAYER !


Doesn't that dragon totally look like a weed coming up out of the ground??
It totally does.

The weeds I am pulling, are all along the sidewalk, and the driveway, and the front of the house.  It is looking good!  And with the weeds out of the way, it will give the grass the room to spread out!!
before                                                                                           after



                                                   afters


1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

St. Georgina the DragonWeed Slayer!