5/28/08

Suzanne - I blame you

and I will tell you why...
.
.
.
Suzanne came over to my house a few weeks ago, to help me live thru my 29th birthday.
I made tortillini, and she said she would bring some cheesy garlic toast.

Now I have had frozen cheesy garlic bread frequently.
But Suzanne introduced me to FRESH homemade cheesy garlic bread. She had made her own garlic butter - and brought me a whole container of it. She got out a fresh loaf of french bread, sliced it, spread it with the garlic butter, then topped it with grated mozzerella cheese (which she also left behind when she went home that night).
Now to most of you, this is just common sense, but the idea had never occured to me before.
We popped it into the toaster oven, and she left it in just long enough to melt the cheese on top - another lightbulb came on in my head - I always end up burning my garlic bread, cuz I was thinking it needed to be crunchy (and with the frozen stuff that is pretty much all you can do anyway). But "Suzanne's Way" left it deliciously soft and I was AMAZED.

so now I am converted to the homemade cheesy garlic toast cult

I had a salad for lunch the other day ..... with cheesy garlic toast

I had a slice of pizza .... with cheesy garlic toast.

I had broccolli soup .... .with cheesy garlic toast.

I even have it for breakfast every other day or so :) LOL

well you get the idea ....

and Suzanne, it's all your fault.

3 comments:

The Swainston Family said...

That sounds so good! I love that Suzanne's way! I am going to have to try it. Check out our blog www.theswainstonfamily.blogspot.com

The Suzzzz said...

Oops!

Sorry. But if I'd taken the rest of the bread and cheese home then I would have eaten it all. You have Thomas and Tyson to help you, so it all works out.

I use the garlic spread for everything...compound butter on steaks, on the crust of frozen pizza, on fresh steamed veggies for a little flavor, to sautee onions, etc. I make a batch about every 6 months and freeze what I don't use, it keeps forever.

The Suzzzz said...

I also like to get cream cheese, put it in a mixer, add a spoonful of sour cream, and some garlic butter then whip it until its fluffy and spread it on toasted bagels.

Another quicky with it is to spread it on bread or bagels, put a dab of tomato basil sauce out of the jar (or whatever pasta/pizza sauce you have) cover in cheese and whatever veggies (I always have canned tomatoes, frozen spinach, fresh onions on my) you have then toast it for instant healthy-ish pizza.