4/14/09

Finally

we finally have a second vehicle. It has been over 3 years since we went down to just one car, and I know I am a stay at home mom, but some days it can be a little frustrating to be stuck at home. But I am so used it to. It will be excitingly weird to have the new freedom of not being trapped. We can, perhaps, go to the park, or over the mountain to see family even on days when Daddy has to go to work.

Here she is: a 98 Honda Passport





Only one owner, he said they bought it with only 25 miles on it! It has been well taken care of. I just hope it will stay in good condition for many more years to come. It has 4 wheel drive for Utahs snowy winters. It has a towing package, so when it comes time to move, we can just haul a trailer with all our stuff (and Dad will try to talk us into hauling a camper the next time we take a family camping trip). He left the nice new stereo/cd player in it too.

I was pretty proud of myself, cuz I was able to talk him down on the asking price. Hi blue book value was $3,950 and low value was $3,110 - He was asking $3,600, which was just about right on - but I offered him $3,200 and he said that seemed fair enuf. I just hope that doesn't mean there is some hidden problem that he knew about and knew it wasn't worth his asking price. But he was so very open and seemed completely honest, so I hope that is not the case.

It will take me a little getting used to, to drive an automatic, since I have driven a standard car ever since I learned how to drive (except for the cars I drove on my mission). Tyson drove it home from Ogden, and he called me on the cell and said "I keep putting my left foot down to push in the clutch, but it isn't there." LOL I am sure I will be doing the same thing. it will be even more weird if I go back and forth from driving one to the other. I will have to stop and think "is this the one with the clutch or not?"

After we get it registered I want to take my turn taking it for a real spin. I have only driven it for about 5 minutes, cuz we bought it around 7pm, and then tyson drove it home, and then we had to get the boys to bed. I wanted to go out for a drive after Grayson went to sleep, but he did not cooperate. He slept in his carseat the whole time we were out, and that got his sleep schedule messed up. So now it's 1am and he is finally sleeping, so I had better get to bed myself.

Wahooooo! I now own an SUV!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

I loved jumping into the elite SUV owners club! We love our Kia Sorrento. Yours looks great. HOW FUN!!! Come visit us and you'll fit right in =D