3/11/10

some morning

so my morning didn't pan out as planned today... I had loaded up all the recycles to take to the center, and then needed to stop and get diapers at Walmart (we were down to one in the house and 3 in the diaper bag), then take a quick stop at the scrapbook store (I am supposed to pick up our boxes of girl scout cookies I ordered from the one gals daughter there).

well, I loaded Grayson into the suv, leaving Thomas home with Daddy. Backing out of the driveway, I just knew something was wrong with something, so I jumped out, and found my tire was flat :(

so we called grandma to come downstairs to watch the boys and it took both Tyson and I over 30 minutes to find the jack and the handle pieces (which included taking the kids carseats out of the car because they are stored under the seat...) get the spare tire off the back of the suv (it was VERY rusted in place.. break out the WD-40) and get everything changed over.

I am just very happy that we had this experience in our driveway, and not off on the side of some highway or something.... you should have seen all the crap we pulled out of the back of the suv to get the tire put in there... all the recycles, all our tools we have been using at the house building, including a big ol' compressor and nail gun LOL...and even stuff from our trip to the beach (last AUG).

I am also happy to say that we had a warrenty on the tire, so the flat got fixed for free - the culprit was a big screw (probably from the house building stuff).

No comments: