3/15/10

Week 29

Well, let's see, this saturday was the start of week 29 for our house building project.... I am soooo ready to be done. We are getting close, and I am still mad that they wouldn't set an open house date for us. It would be such a relief to have an expectation for completion. I think it would keep me motivated.. all this detail work is dull and takes forever, but if I knew when it would end, I could keep up hope. LOL

closet

CAULKING< caulking, caulking, and MORE caulking....



All the houses are painted (well #6 needs to finish still, but they will be done midweek).



It looks good all painted

but I can't wait to paint a color on the front room walls - the white is just WAY too stark. It is going to look awesome, though, with our blue carpet!

house 1, 4, 5 have cabinets and vinyl floors put in - 2 & 3(ours) will get them this week. I am so excited to see my kitchen put together! I will have pictures by Thursday.
next on the "to-do" list is for each house to get their laminate wood floors down. other odds and ends jobs include putting up blinds, hanging the closets rods, and putting the door hinges back on. The doors are still unpainted, because we will paint them in the garage once we get our cabinets out of there, and get it all cleaned out, then we'll paint the garage walls as well.
we have been cleaning up our front yards. Norm got burn permits, so all the cardboard and wood got cleaned up in the fires :) We still have rock left over, so we will have to find somewhere to put it. And we still have 5 things of shingles, and I wanted to return them for credit, but apparently it isn't worth the effort, I don't know.
(Thomas just erased what I wrote, I don't know where he learned the backspace button, but while I put Grayson down for a nap, he took a turn on the computer and backspaced whatever it was I was talking about).

After the floors go down, we have to put the baseboards down over those spots, and putty and caulk there (I told you the caulking never ends).

1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

Try listed your leftover building materials on KSL.com if you want to sell them. If you just want them gone and will give them away for free try Freecycle...great way to give away things you can't just drop off at the DI.

If I were you though I would keep them, you never know when you might need to repair something and color matching with new materials is hard.

The progess is great! It is fun watching the evolution of the home.