3/24/10

Week 30

Rumor has it that on Saturday at noon, we are going to discuss our OPEN HOUSE DATE!!!

just thinking about it makes me cry (tears of joy!) - oh, I am soooooo ready to bed done.

There is so much going on in our houses. All homes are painted, have cabinets and vinyl floors.
House #1 Got their plumbing work done. They were putting in their laminte floor tonight. Painting the garage is next.
House #2 got their cabinets done just this afternoon, they still need the electric finished - the lights are hung, but no switches to turn them on yet. Their interior doors are painted. I guess the garage and laminate floors are next - not sure what else they are working on.

House #3 (ours) we got the angle of the counter changed! the plumber brought all the stuff to do the job, but we need the countertops put in.

Our electric is done - only issue is that one of the glass covers from our chandelier was broken - so it will look silly until we can get over to Logan's Lowes and get a replacement. (you can see it in the pic above) Oh, and for some reason the electrician didn't install the remote sensor inside of our ceiling fans. I can't control the speed without it, there are no pull strings or anything on the fan. I am still waiting to find out if he is going to fix that, or if I will have to have someone else come do it later (because I am having a hard time explaining to Norm that it's not an add-on, and was supposed to be installed in the first place - the electrician has gone awol for the last few days)


They let us put up our cabinet we bought for the laundry room!


Tonight I did a dark stain on our rock, because when we put the rock on, I was not careful enough with the morter, and it made big messes, that I did not see until it dried. It dried a lighter color than the rock. So the idea for the stain was to cover that up. We really like the darker color - it makes a much better statement with our black trim!

First I had to tape it all off so I didn't get any stain on our siding or windows or door. I also had to protect the concrete and the foundation. That took me about an hour.


Norm got me a paint sprayer and compressor. That made the job so much easier. Last night to test out the stain, he had me trying to scrub it on with a big brush and a small broom thingy. I did the test on that right corner of the garage. It looked good - but today the sprayer did a much better job, and it took way less time than all that brushing would have. he said it was one of those middle of the night revelation things, when he thought of using the sprayer. I told him I was very grateful.

TaDa!


Next for us is cleaning out the garage, getting it and our interior doors painted. Then next sat. we will be putting in the laminate floor with some helpers!!!!

House #4 - the farthest along - has countertops and has his plumbing stuff installed (sinks, toilets, etc.), finished his laminate floor tonight, and all the electric was done.
House #5 - have their countertops, the plumber started at their house tonight. Still need electric. They have their interior doors ready to be painted, then the garage.
House #6 their siding is just about finished. They have cabinets, and still need countertops too. They will need to get their garage cleared out, and get their doors ready to paint.

In more rumored news - there is talk that the city will work on putting in our sidewalks the beginning of next week, and then the yard guy can get the fronts graded in the middle of the week, and the sprinkler guy can then do his job after that. I sure hope it works out that way, because that sure is a lot of guys to be waiting on, before we can move in.

We have someone coming to paint our front doors in a little over a week. He is going to use auto paint so that it's really weatherproof or something.

Now you are up to date on the craziness of our project - and stay tuned.... I hope my next house update will include the beginning of the end - with an open house date.

4 comments:

The Suzzzz said...

Did they fix the cabinet over where you fridge is going to go?

Mindy :) said...

no, I will have to move it myself after the open house if the upgraded fridge doesn't fit (I'm handy now, so it should be no problem)

The Suzzzz said...

That's disappointing that they wouldn't move it, I hope moving the cabinets isn't necessary or at least the least amount of trouble possible. Look at you DIY Barbie!

Mindy :) said...

LOL -- I haven't been called Barbie for a LONG time :P