5/7/10

FLOODED

....my laundry room tonight.


we have had trouble with our water, but finally got it fixed yesterday, so today I was ready to do my first load of laundry in my brand new washer ----- the dudes that delivered it forgot the hoses and stuff, so they didn't hook it up for us --- so I attached the hoses ---- and turned it on..... and walked away..... and when I came back to check on it, there was SOOOOOOO much water all over my floor .

I threw down every single towel I owned, and even used a big comforter that was right there too, and there was still just so much water

turned out I didn't know about the drain pipe -- it was still "inside" the back of the washer, so I couldn't see it, and the hole where it should attach, next to the water hoses, was covered with tape and painted over, so I didn't see that either.

so hard lesson learned for this first time home owner.

1 comment:

ajandersonguy said...

I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read this about your flooding! I guess I've seen enough house flooding in my time that I'm paranoid I always watch to see what is going on. I'll stay with the washer the first time I hook it up and then check it off and on and especially if I hear an odd noise coming from it. Course mine are ancient so who knows what it might decide to do! Plus my parents first home always flooded in the basement. My mom says they dug till they hit water then poured the cement so we always had to keep and eye on the pump.
You're awesome! I'm sure there are lots more adventures to come for us first time home owners!