8/3/10

I bought a drill

I really do like playing with power tools. 
And  I have several projects to do around the house that require a drill. 
We have a storm door to hang that Dad let us have.
I have an organizer to hang in the pantry.
I bought some totally cool wall mounted shelves for the living room .
And I have had the handles I bought for the kitchen cabinets for months now.  I've just been waiting for a drill to get them put on.
So last weekend we were at Lowes to get the lawnmower and we picked up a fancy drill too.   Well, I thought I put the battery on the charger, and that is was all charged up and ready to rock and roll.  So I got several of the projects started and then got out the drill to get them hung up.  Well, it turns out the battery was not charging - the blinking red light on the charger apparently was blinking a code that tells me the battery is "damaged or won't hold a charge". Great, I thought.  Well, I could deal with that later, so I put the second battery that came with the drill on the charger.  It started blinking green - meaning it was charging.  I went back to check on it a hour later, and it had changed to the blinking red light.  GRRRRRRR.
So now I have half finished projects all around the house.   Of course, the boys are so tempted to touch everything.  Since I have no idea when I can get back to Lowes to get this problem sorted out, I guess I will have to put it all out in the garage again.   My grumpy side is very mad about spending a nice amount of money on a broken drill.  The whiney side of me is complaining about how I just want to get my house all cute and decorated.  I haven't put up a single frame or shelf.  I did hang up some Cars characters in the boys rooms, but that doesn't really count.  And I really want the handles on the kitchen cabinets.  And of course, the tired side of me is just wondering when I will find the time and energy to get the projects started/finished again.  I was all excited and fired up yesterday, and Tyson was home to give me a hand.  The rest of the week we'll have to see how tough the boys are on me.

No comments: