8/7/10

A long day

My cousin got married yesterday, and I made the trek south to go to the reception by myself with both boys.  It was so fun to see cousins that I haven't seen in so long.  That made it all worth it.
I didn't have my camera so I have nothing to show of the beautiful area, or the fun things she did.  *shrug* oh well.


The traffic down to Provo was awful. I haven't been farther than Layton in years.  There was construction every couple of miles, and we had to slow down to creeping, or even to a full dead stop.  I also got stuck behind an accident.  The boys were pretty great. 
Thomas whined a little bit
"mom, go fast" 
"I can't Thomas, all the other cars are going slow too."
and when a car or truck in another lane would slowly creep past us, he would say "we are going backwards".  I had to laugh out loud at that perception.
but other than that there was no fussing or crying or complaining.  I concider that a great blessing.  I don't like driving in stressful situations.  I am already awful at directions, I get lost A LOT.  So it was amazing that I made it all the way there without any complications.   It wasn't until I was on my way home that I missed some turn, I guess, and I ended up from Provo Canyon, all the way down to BYU.  It took me a few minutes to catch my barrings, I have only been in Provo maybe 3 or 4 times, and I am pretty sure I was only the driver once.
Anyway, after the poor kids had been in the car for about 3 hours, I finally got to Thanksgiving point, where mom and dad had gotten a hotel room - and Cabela's was on the other side of the freeway.  They were still in Salt Lake, so I got the boys out at Cabela's and let them run around.  I had promised Thomas that we would go somewhere really awesome before the "wedding".
here are pictures I took with my phone of them having a blast at cabela's.  they are fuzzy, but I didn't have my other camera.


can you see the catfish that is almost as tall as Thomas is...
MOOSE
Lions




What little boy wouldn't Love this?

1 comment:

ajandersonguy said...

Nothing funner than a trip to cabellas! I'll bet Grayson was pretty impressed by the huge fishies.