11/13/10

cookin in the kitchen

At the end of the day, Tyson asked if I felt like I'd spent my entire day in the kitchen. I said "yes", and he said "that is because you did."
my morning started out with washing all the dishes that I let stack up this week (I was extremly tired, no matter how much sleep I got). Then I proceeded to dirty pretty much every pot and pan all over again. I baked several pound of chicken, and then diced it all up and stuck it in the freezer. It really cuts down on my meal prep later. Then I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. The boys ate them, but they didn't WOW - so I will not be using that recipe again. Then I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (some for us, some for another family I took dinner to later in the day), I made pumpkin pies (for YW in Excellence tomorrow night), and I made lunch for my family.
After Grayson's nap, we went to the local park and raked up leaves and then took them home to add to my compost pile. Is it silly that composting makes me so excited and happy? LOL.
Then it was back to cooking. I made dinner to take, and dinner for us.
To finish off the day, we watched "How to Train your Dragon", and it was nice to sit and relax.

No comments: