11/30/10

I am glad the weekend is over

That is probably not something you hear anyone say.
But this weekend has really been rough.
It started good on thursday, we made a quick trip to Idaho to have Thanksgiving dinner with grandma and grandpa Winward, and Tom and Lori. Thomas and Grayson grabbed onto grandma Winward almost immediately, demanding all her attention. They were in love :) LOL we had to rush back home after lunch, though, because Walmart never sleeps, and Tyson had to be to work by 4pm. (gotta get all those trucks loaded)
(- when Thomas and I went to WM on Wed for grocery shopping, they were hard at work unloading boxes and pallets all over the store. I asked Thomas if he knew where all the boxes came from and he yelled "THE DC" (distribution center - where daddy works) he is such a smart kid!)

Thomas and Grayson were a little edgy from sitting in the car for the long(er) drive, so to keep them happy for the rest of the evening, we put the christmas tree up. they helped me decorate it with colored lights, candy canes, stars and jingle bells. And then they "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed over it for the rest of the night.

Grayson woke up around 3 am and started throwing up. He was sick for about 12 hours, and was able to finally keep stuff down around 3 in the afternoon. by 3 am that night - i was throwing up, presumable from taking care of him all day. I was feeling a little better by about 6pm saturday night, and by 7pm, Tyson was sick.
I will count my blessings that we each got it one at a time, instead of all at once - that would have totally sucked. And I will also count my blessings that Thomas didn't get it at all. he did go to bed early twice, which had me worried that he would be next, but I think we kept him distanced from us well enough that he didn't get whatever it was we were all carrying.
I took the boys to church by myself on sunday. We didn't make it to sacrament meeting, because it had been snowing, so I had to be the one to go shovel the driveway (and move the blockade pile the snowplow pushed in front, making it impossible to get out), and get the suv all swept down (I used our large pushbroom). Then I had to go inside and get cooled down from all the unexpected exercise, and get myself dressed for church, and looking like I hadn't just ran a marathon - )bright red face and all sweaty).
Tyson was feeling a bit better by the time we got home from church.
Monday was filled with getting the house back to some order - like finding juice boxes spilled in the toy room from the time I had given Grayson a drink, but hadn't had the energy to watch what he did with it until 2 days later, and picking up the tissues from all the nose blowing, and coughing, and the books and toys the boys dragged from the playroom to one of us on the couch in the living room to read or play with them, as we lay in our "death" pose.
So now it's tuesday. Things can get better and back to normal now. It will be December tomorrow!!!! The start of the Christmas season! I am doing that Journal Your Christmas I mentioned before. It will give me prompts for everyday - something to think and blog about, and something to spark creativity and my photography to capture our celebrations this year.
So far the only decorations we have up are the tree, and the Fisher Price nativity. I would really like the house to be more festive looking, but I think I am a little intimidated by my brand new walls. I don't really want to poke unnecessary holes in them. And I am not sure what will look good where... i also don't have much, since I kept decorating to a bare minimum in our tiny aprtment, and since I fear Thomas's curiosity and reach...
anyway, it's weird because tomorrow will be the middle of the week already. Then the weekend can come again. Only this time, I am praying for a good one.

No comments: