5/26/12

loose tooth


Thomas lost his first tooth in April.


we first noticed that he had a new tooth peeking out from behind his baby teeth, but they had not shown any sign of being loose yet.  I was so nervous about how Thomas was going to handle the whole thing.  But thankfully he had older cousins and a few close friends who had already lost teeth, and I think they learned about it at school, and he saw a little about it on Superwhy, so he was really fabulous about it all.

it was just a few days after I first saw the new tooth trying to come up, that his first tooth started to get loose.  the next day we got him off the school bus and went to the bookmobile, and it wasn't until then that I noticed his first tooth was gone - I worried that he'd lost it at school - but I asked "where's your tooth"  and he gave me this look like 'duh mom'  and said "Under my pillow".  we had not talked about that or the toothfairy at all.  after about a day of continued questioning we figured out he had lost it the night before, but he already knew that when the teeth fall out, they go under the pillow, so that is where he'd stuck it.  Tyson told him that he needed to tell us when he did that, so that we could call the tooth fairy, to tell her to come.  Thomas earned a half dollar for his first baby tooth.  (it was too big to fit in his piggy bank.) LOL

2 days later, his second tooth fell out as well!  he came out of his bedroom, and told me to call the toothfairy.  This time he earned 2 quarters.

I was so proud of him for handing all this so well!
Now he has a bit of a crooked smile.  he still sticks his tongue in the spot that is missing , and holds his lips over it , etc.    He's such a cutie!

No comments: