2/6/13

Grayson's Angry Bird Birthday party



My little man turned 4!  And he wanted only one thing - ANGRY BIRDS 
(well, he wanted EVERYTHING angry birds, so I did my best)
 This is a picture of his first look at his birthday cake.  That look of pure happiness made all that hard work totally worth it.  Here's a close up of the cake.  The birds and pigs are cake pops (making those is a whole other post - what a pain LOL).  The "towers" are granola bars and kit kats.





For lunch we had Meatball Subs, per Grayson's request.  That has become the boys favorite food lately.




I also made this pinterest inspired Guacamole pig.  It was yummy.

We were lucky to have the church gym to hold the party in.  It's tough to get such a big group into my house for a winter party - in the summer, it's fine to have parties at our house, because they can be inside and outside.  Thomas always gets a pinata, but Grayson has never gotten one, cuz there is just no where to do that.  And I do admit I did not do one this year either - I wanted to, but we just ran out of time (with Micah being sick the week before).  But our activity was good enough.  We saved up boxes (and mom and Shelly brought some too!!!)  They were used to make big towers and then we knocked them down.





The slingshot worked ok, but could have been better.  It was kinda left to the last minute.  But the fun part was that the kids had fun just playing with the boxes, making all kinds of towers and after a few rounds of launching the "angry bird" balls, we just let them do their own thing.
It was a very fun party (even though Grayson had a few "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" moments.....)

1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

What an awesome party! You are so creative.