2/19/13

reality check

I will admit some of my problem is that I spent too much time on pinterest, looking at gardens, and searching for tips (because a gardener I am NOT - just wish I was)...  but on facebook several friends have been mentioning spring time - especially seeing their tulips.  I am also excited for spring, and especially to see the tulips come up.  I finally got them planted this last fall - after 3 years of putting it off.  I also put down creeping thyme seed.  I am anxious to see if it will germinate after this winter, like it is supposed to.

Here are the pots I planted in fall --- Full of tulips of many colors and my crocus are also in a pot, because I couldn't decide where to put them in the ground (I think I have finally decided for this year. and will be buying MORE!!)




BUT ALAS --- reality check today --- this is what those pots look like right now.  I do not think we will be seeing tulips anytime soon.  especially if the forecast is correct, and more snow is on the way.




1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

Usually my crocuses are the first up in early to mid March, followed by my daffodils in mid to late March, and the my tulips are lazy and usually don't come out until early to mid April. It's a long wait but when I finally see the green buds poking through the mulch and soil I get really excited.