12/19/08

The Story of My Washer

I forgot to blog about this when I got it - so I will catch ya'll up now.

A few weeks ago, Mom called me and asked "do you still want a dishwasher?"

what kind of crazy question is that? OF COURSE I want a Dishwasher!!!!!
I have been washing dishes by hand for 3 years, and dreaming of the day that we can move to a new house and that I will be the proud owner of a real dishwasher, and I will love it and charish it and kiss it goodnight --- sorry, getting a little carried away - YES - I want a dishwasher.

She had been listening to the talk radio station one morning and they do a program called "Trading Post" where people can advertise the things they'd like to sell, trade, or be rid of. So this guy called in and said he was giving away a dishwasher! Mom was the first to call!! and she got the dishwasher for me. Dad went and picked it up and they brought it over. The guy told them it had been left behind by some renters and he wasn't even sure if it ran, and that is why he was just giving it away.
I kept my fingers crossed as Dad got the faucet hook ups ready and we set it all up.

It worked fabulously! And I am now in Heaven :)

It is a portable washer, and it's OLD and HUGE, but it WORKS!!! I nicknamed it BUD (Big Ugly Dishwsher) - but I do truely love it.

There is of course a little catch - and I do not have the adequate words to describe the comedy of it - so here are a few slightly embarassing photos to show you
BUD's drawback.....







I have to stand on my tippy toes to get my belly up high enough to go over the washer if I need to get by into the kitchen.
You would think I would just get everything done in the kitchen that I needed to do, before I hooked up the washer, right? Yeah, well, I try, but Thomas then has to demand something that I forgot in there, like his waterbottle or something, and I almost always have to do the skooching thru to get it.

But it is a minor inconvinence compared to standing at the sink up to my elbows in yucky hot soapy water for an hour to wash up the dishes. It is amazing how a counter top of dishes can disappear in a matter of minutes inside the washer, and come out in 30 minutes all clean and ready to be put back away. It's heavenly.
(Thanks Mom!)

7 comments:

Nichole said...

you stinker! I'm dying to get a portable dishwasher...I'm with ya on the wasting time washing dishes...UGH!

Vanisi Family said...

LOL!! That's the cutest thing ever! I love it!!

We were lucky enough to get a BUD earlier this year (also a giveaway), and it has been HEAVEN!!

Well worth it!!

Nichole said...

We're moving Jan 1, 2009 to http://ned-nichole-reed-will.blogspot.com

Please update your bookmarks and for officer safety please remove all mention of our last name from your blog. The perils of fame =D

The Suzzzz said...

Luff BUD, you should celebrate BUD day every year. Nothing like a good made up holiday.

Mindy :) said...

BUD day, Love it!!
But honestly everyday I get to use the BUD is "I LOVE BUD DAY" LOL

Anonymous said...

I have a dishwasher, but my dad (who moved in with us after Hurricane Ike) hates it. He's more than welcome to wash the dishes.

Glad you like Bud!

Camilla Millar said...

Funny!