7/13/11

The 4th of July



We had such a great 4th of July this year! I hope I helped the boys make some good memories!

We started out with our small town parade. It consisted of a few firetrucks, floats, tractors and kids on bikes! The boys had a great time getting candy.









Later, after we all got to take a nap, we played outside with the neighbors.

They played "parade" - where they threw the candy all around and then picked it back up again :)




We went to a new spot to watch the fireworks in Brigham this year. When we lived in town, we would just go on the south side, on the high school lawn. But this year we wanted to be able to get out of town quickly. So we went to the north side of the parks. We got a great parking place. And it was just a short walk. We got there in plenty of time to get a great spot. You can see in this picture that the area was pretty clear when we got there.

and in this picture you can sorta see how many people came after us. but it was still not even crowded.


We had our chairs, and blankets. Even with a nap, Grayson was already tired by 9:30 when it finally got dark.

We kept the boys entertained until the show started with juice boxes, cheetos, music on our phones, and these flags - which after the novelty wore off a bit, we snapped them and the glow sticks added even more fun. I was glad I was prepared this year. Everytime I pulled out the next surprize, and they would smile, it made me feel so good that I was able to make this a great experience for them.





1 comment:

The Suzzzz said...

If your boys ever want to ride in a real parade and throw the candy, let me know, there are still plenty of parades left and I hate driving in them alone. Although I'll be out of town the weekend of the 24th.

My nieces and nephews love the flexible necklace style glow sticks. They can hook them together to make shapes, or they just like to whirl them around in the air and dance with them. It is amazing how much entertainment you can provide to a dozen kids for about $1.50.