7/22/11

summer school time Week 1

Monday we did the letter A and we talked about Happy and Sad.
I used an old family home evening lesson picture it says Happy when I choose the right and Sad - Uh-Oh. Grayson thought the uh-oh part was funny.


Tuesday we did the letter B. We played a thumbs up and thumbs down game - I would say a word, and they had to do thumbs up if it started with B, or thumbs down if it didn't. We also taked about the emotion SLEEPY.


The loved this picture of sleepy the dwarf.



And they loved my surprize activty - we rolled out some sleeping bags in Graysons room. They played in those ALL Day long :)




On Wed was the letter C - and since there was a picture of cookies, Thomas demanded that we make oatmeal cookies. The emotion for the day was anger (switched from my original plan, cuz I was so exhausted I hadn't prepared well for school time, so we just winged it). I just talked about angry faces and how we can talk thru things when we get mad to make things better.






Thursday's letter was D and the emotion was Excited. The lesson was a little bumpy because I didn't get to school time until after I had run morning errands and finished up with lunch. So I didn't have their attention. But I put their surprize (little Cars) in bags, and they got to open their presents and they were very excited! They played with those cars all night long, and wanted to take them to bed with them.



Today we did the letter E and the emotion was confused and frustrated. We did a treasure hunt so that if they were confused they had to say "I don't understand" and if they were frustrated they had to say "Help please".





I had a "map" of our house, and Thomas figured it out quickly. They had to hunt around and find the X's. There he found one of the 4 pieces of a puzzle to put together to reveal the "surprize". They loved putting the puzzle together over and over. And later Grayson went around hiding all the pieces again, so we could hunt for them again.








oh yeah, and their surprize was an icecream cone :)

1 comment:

Tam said...

sounds like you had a great first week, Mindy!