7/14/11

Summer schooling

Thomas's therapist said that I should start working Thomas into a routine before school starts. I have been putting it off, but now there are just 6 weeks of summer left, so it is a perfect time to start.
Starting next monday this is what our schedule is going to look like:
each day he will write his name and work on the letter of the day.

Emotions -
A--happy/sad - sing "if you chance to meet a frown", make paper plate happy and sad faces
B--sleepy/tired - play with sleeping bags maybe make a fort or set up the tent
C--excited - a present or treat
D--angry - I don't know what I will do yet, but this is going to be an important one to cover with Thomas
E--confused/frustrated - I want him to learn that he can say "I don't understand" and "help please" - treasure hunt with a map

Opposites
F-- hard/soft - rocks and playdough
G-- loud/quiet - drums
H-- yes/no - playing a clifford matching game
I-- up/down - if we can we'll fly a kite - tape measure activity or jumping on trampoline
J-- left/right - trace hands, then cut out

Book of Mormon characters
K-- Nephi
L-- Enos
M-- Ammon
N-- Captain Moroni
O-- Mormon

Songs --- this is a week we will be camping the first half of the week, so I picked something that wouldn't require a desk or any tools - and I added an extra day
where is Thumbkin
Apples and Bananas
Hinges
P--If your happy and you know it
Q-- Old McDonald
R-- Head shoulders knees and toes

"School stuff"
S -- letters - sing the alphabet songs -
T -- numbers - play a goldfish counting game with goldfish crackers
U -- shapes - playdough again
V -- colors - doing a color treasure hunt around the house - and making a poster with cut up magazines
W -- exclusively working on writing his Name.

BOOKS --
X-- taking a trip to the local library
Y-- haven't decided on which books to use yet for this week - will update...
Z --

So there is the agenda -
\when I told my fabulous friend Tracie that I was going to be starting this, she loaned me a huge file box full of teaching tools and ideas for me to look thru. So as we do each week, I will keep posting about what else we did and how Thomas (and Grayson too) are liking this plan I have come up with. :)
-

No comments: