10/22/10

chance of snow???

well, it's been a lovely October. I don't think I could have asked for nicer fall weather. We have been able to enjoy being outside for much longer than I expected. It's a good thing too, since going outside is the first thing the boys ask to do every single morning.

Grayson, can't talk of course, but he has his body language, and he knows that I know what he is saying. He sometimes starts off by pulling my hands and pointing to the door. Or he brings me his shoes and sits down and starts to put them on himself. or he just goes over to the door and starts banging on it, and when I shake my head or say not now, he sits and cries and cries.

Today was pretty chilly, no blue sky to be seen thru the gloomy clouds. I was able to sort of deter them, by letting them play in the garage for a while (still cold, but not as bad as outside).

I had a goal set to get the garage cleared out enough, that I could park at least one car in there by Nov. 1. But looking at the extended forcast, our chance of snow is coming on Wed (Oct. 27). I guess I had better hunker down and actually FINISH my decluttering. Since I let the kids play in there, their stuff is everywhere. The small trampoline, toys, bikes, cars, and don't forget all their discarded muddy clothing, socks, and shoes.

The biggest problem in the garage is all the boxes of books we have. But we don't have a place to put books anywhere in the house. We really like our books, but don't want them out where the kids can destroy them (and yes, they would destroy them). Tyson's going to put some of his collection into a cabinet with a child safe lock on it. I think I need to seperate myself from most of my books, and just donate them, since I am obviously not reading them if they have been packed up in boxes for years and years.

Ultimately I want to build one more set of shelves, to store things up high, utilize that unused space. But it looks like that will have to be a project for next summer when it warms up again. (but that didn't stop me from buying myself a circular saw, for when the time comes.... I am sure it will come in handy for other stuff too.)

No comments: