10/29/10

my busy day...

First thing I had to do this morning was make a new batch of my homemade laundry detergent.



I can't remember if I have blogged about this or not, but I use half a box of Borax, an entire box of washing soda, grated 1/4 of the bar of Fels-Naptha (it's a stain remover). It costs me $4.97 to make- and I can usually get 128 loads out of it! -- I have been making this for just over a year. I was thinking about buying some Tide to supplement my laundering (I was washing Thomas's sheets every single day, and sometimes twice or 3 times...) anyway - I was SHOCKED at how much it cost. Somewhere around $10 for only 64 loads. I just couldn't spend that much.
Anyway..... I did about 5 loads of laundry today.
I also hung up my magnetic board in the dining room. I like it :)
I made cheese balls for MOM's birthday party/Halloween carnival tomorrow! She asked me to make them Halloweeny - so I did a Taco Jack-o-lantern


And a Ranch Ghost.

I didn't have anything around the house to make the faces, so while I was on the phone with my next door neighbor, I had to ask what She might have around her house. LOL -- she had lots of great stuff for me to use (I asked if I could borrow some olives, and she said NO - she didn't want them back LOL)
And lastly I made one of my favorite halloween treats - Nutterbutter Ghostys.




Also mixed in my busy day was some last minute costume making -- Tyson's hadn't really even been started yet - It won't be as fancy as it should be, I just hope people will be able to tell what he should be :D




No comments: