10/24/10

Crafty~

I think fall makes my crafty side come out

This week I made:

Spaghetti and meatballs cupcakes for the cake decorating contest for our block party


the meatballs are homemade peanutbutterballs dipped in chocolate and rolled in almonds
the sauce is strawberry jam
I also made the pinata for the block party. As with all the pinatas I make, I wondered how this one would do. I was a little worried, because I didn't get started on it until just a few days before the party - so I didn't get as many layers on it as I would have liked. AND the weather turned cold, so it took much longer to dry (I had to bring it inside to my laundry room, and run the dryer to make it warm).
but this ghost was a champ!!!! There were about 20 kids - ages ranging from 1 to 12 - and they all got to take a turn before the ghost finally broke!

and for super saturday at the church I got to make this huge magnetic board! I think we are going to put it on the dining room wall, and put pictures on it with magnets, and sorta just switch 'em out whenever we feel like it (that is why I picked that saying - it will be perfect)



No comments: