12/12/10

back among the living

Grayson has been sick since Tuesday, and since he has to have his mommy even when he isn't feeling yucky - I had to give extra snuggles - resulting in me getting sick as well. I am not sure where we picked up this yuckiness - perhaps he got it from nursery, or the play place we went to monday (but Thomas didn't get sick, so I doubt it was that). Grayson got the congestion, runny nose, and cough. I started to feel it creeping on Wednesday night, with a tingling in my throat. Thursday I was achey and chilled (fever probably, but I couldn't muster the strength to get out the thermometer). Friday morning, I could tell it was strep throat - and my handy flashlight proved my suspicions, and I got ineto see the Dr. immediately. Got the Z-pack started, knowing it can take me nearly 4 days to get feeling better.
Saturday I was feeling slightly better, but after getting ready for a birthday party, I had to take a nap with Grayson, cuz my energy was totally sapped.
it's sunday today. I feel almost normal. Grayson and I are staying home from church today, I don't want Grayson to be responsible for giving these germs to all the other kids in nursery.
but it's nice to feel like I am on the "not dead yet" list. "I think I will go for a walk now."

I have gotten several days behind on my Journal Your Christmas prompts (I didn't even have the energy to think about it, let alone look them up on the computer.) So now I am trying to decide if I want to play catch up on them all, or if I should just start with todays and go forward, or just pick and choose and call it good. I guess we will see... come back for some reading, I guess.

I can tell Grayson is feeling much better though.
I love his cute personality.

He still doesn't talk, but we are starting to get a few words out of him.
We showed him the slide show of the family photos, and when we'd ask "who's that?" he can declare "Mama" and "Dada" His No is so cute - I will get a video of it, because it's hard to describe how he says it. Most kids learn a 'defiant' NO - but Grayson's is a soft slow nooo. He also says more, cheese, blue, green and today I FINALLY got a small please out of him.
Last sunday we were all lounging around after church. Tyson had football on the big TV in the living room, and we all like to put our arms up and yell "TOUCHDOWN" anytime we can. So we had been doing it a little bit. And this time Grayson did too. Up went his arms and "TOUCHDOWN" came out of his mouth. And my jaw dropped, and Tyson (who was sitting at the computer) spun around in his chair. I asked "did you just hear that???" so we did it again. and so did Grayson. but that was it. He hasn't done it since. LOL -- but it's sunday again... so we'll see if he'll do it without the 'pressure' of preforming because we want him to do it.
oh, yes, and he also pointed to his jammies yesterday and he told his daddy that he was pointing at a 'ootbaa' (football) - Daddy is SO proud! grayson may be our sports player. While Thomas may be more of a science/math/facts personality.

We have a meeting on Wednesday with a child psychologist that works with Thomas's school. He has graded several tests that we have filled out for Thomas. We got some preliminary results back, but he will hopfully explain some options for us at the meeting. The results basically say what I already know. He has possible ADD (attention deficite disorder), ODD (oppositional, defiant disorder) and PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorders).

It will be a relief to get some help finally. Honestly we should have had this help for over a year now, but we got dropped, or lost in a shuffle last year. And with all the work we were doing on the house, we kinda let it slide. And now it's taken us months to get the ball rolling again. We just pray that it's not going to cost us an arm and a leg.

Thomas has been doing a bit better both at school and at home with understanding and following some rules. But then there are others, that he just 'has' to break. Like erasing things on a white board. The optical area in our Walmart has a big white board out in front with info on it, and he just 'HAS' to go and take a swipe at it. Or the rules about screaming and noises. It's probably a sensory issue, but sometimes I have to wonder if he doesn't have some form of Tourretes.
Lately he is having a hard time with yelling at us when we talk to him. It doesn't matter what we say, or how we say it. We could say "thomas come here, we have a treat for you" and he would scream about it. Then we would say "ok, we won't give you a treat then" and he would scream about that. it is tough not to loose my temper. I just don't know how to deal with it.
anyway......

we seem to all be feeling better at the owen house. I am grateful that Thomas and Tyson didn't get this round of it. And I hope we can all stay healthy - especially for Christmas.

No comments: