12/15/10

getting together for the holidays



I have to be honest, I think Christmas time is a terrible time to do get togethers. The weather is bound to get yucky the day before or of the day of the event. I don't like driving in the winter. Maybe it's because we have to drive over the mountain pass to get to see most of our extended family.





2008 was the year is snowed so much, that we just stayed overnight, instead of driving home.

I don't remember which year it was that we were going home, and the Valley View pass was COMPLETELY iced over. All the cars were driving an inch or so at a time, and pulled off to the side of the road to get some traction in the snow. It was CRAZY.





This year Tyson's family came here last weekend for Rochelle's birthday party, so that was our first family "holiday time" get together here. The weather behaved itself. I invited my family to come over this weekend. We might not have such luck with the weather though. Rain is the forcast. But that was the forcast for last night too, and we got quite the nice layer of snow today. (I really wish I could have gotten photos of it this morning, but we had a meeting with Thomas's teacher.)

But even though the weather doesn't cooperate sometimes, I cannot resist getting together with family. That is part of what Christmas IS. I sat looking thru the pictures of christmas's past, and love seeing the changes over the years as we get together. I LOVE seeing the neice and nephews as they have joined our fun family, and hope they like the christmas traditions we have.

No comments: